Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How I know my husband loves me!

I decided it’s about time to post some memories of my dear, sweet, wonderful, amazing, stud muffin, husband.


    One of the most painful, miserable experiences I have ever had (beside pregnancy, birth, and surgery) happened from meeting Barry’s family. After dating for a few weeks, Barry asked if I would join him in Utah to meet his family. Of course, I agreed and we had a wonderful time. (His family was not the painful miserable part!) For the drive home, I borrowed one of Barry’s dirty shirts, so I would be comfortable.


    And I was. Very Comfortable. Until the next day. I awoke with a burning feeling under my arms. As the day went on, the pain went from uncomfortable to searing hot misery. Moving my arms would make me cry, and my brother (who was renting a house with me) helped make a nest of blankets on the floor in the living room so I could wallow in front of the t.v.


    I missed a day or two of school, and finally couldn’t hold off the boyfriend any longer. Despite my protests, he came to check on me. When he walked in the door and saw me highly unkempt, and probably smelling unpleasantly, I knew he would turn around and walk away. But he walked in the door, and sympathetically asked what was wrong.


    I burst into tears and screeched, “My armpits hurt!” Crying more from embarrassment than from the horrendous pain. Instead of laughing (which I would’ve done had the roles been reversed), he just sat down beside me and asked if he could give me a priesthood blessing. I looked at him incredulously and said, “You are not going to give my armpits a blessing!” But he was persistent, and finally I let him. Then he scheduled a doctor’s appointment for me (I don’t really like doctors and avoid them like the plague.)


    And so I embarrassingly went to the doctor. The diagnosis was this: I had had an allergic reaction to the deodorant residue from the shirt I had borrowed from Barry. With that rubbing against my arms for a whole three hour drive home, I was left with severely infected hair follicles. Disgusting, right? That is just what you want to explain your new boyfriend!


    With medicine, the infection wore off in a few days, and Barry stayed by my side the whole time. So if anyone wonders how I know that Barry truly loves me…. It’s all in the armpits.


4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh so sweet! Did he switch deoderant too?

The Baker Bunch said...

Awesome! So Lizzie was here while I was reading this and she saw the picture at the top of your blog. This is what she said: " Awe, that is a cute family picture whit a really cute baby, and the dad is smiling, well, um, uh, really big!" I love it! Miss you guys a ton!!!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Such a great story! I'm sure you were super embarrassed! Barry is such an awesome guy!

janae said...

Humiliating? Yes. Completely his fault for wearing deodorant you were allergic to? YES. :) He had to love you, he's the one who did it to ya. At least that's what I'd tell myself!