Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The big ONE

Look! After four months, I have written a blog! Crazy, I know! But after our family reunion last week, I feel a renewed drive to keep in touch with everyone. So I thought I would post a few pictures from Laycee’s FIRST birthday. I can’t believe she is one already! And I can’t believe we want MORE kids! I thought for sure we’d be done after her… but we just love our family so much, I guess it needs to be bigger. (And no this is NOT a pregnancy announcement, I’m just rambling.)


Anyway, I am soooo grateful to my Mom (and Dad, but mostly my Mom) for always making a big deal about our birthdays (and all holidays for that matter). And I am so grateful that my husband has allowed that tradition to carry over into our family.

Since we were in Alabama so close to Laycee’s birthday, we originally weren’t going to do anything for Laycee’s birthday. But that just didn’t sit right with me, so last minute, we decided to have a “family party”. So, yesterday, we did a quick and stressful photo shoot then took the kids to this fun zone play place in town (because one year olds loooove jungle gyms and arcade games, right?) And then we went to see “Brave” (because one year olds just looooove sitting through movies, right?) Following the movie, we went home and had a little party. Barry had taken the older kids to the Dollar Tree to pick out presents for their sister, so Laycee unwrapped her presents and then we had cupcakes.

It was such a fun day… even if our ONE YEAR OLD had no idea how to party on her birthday!

Now onto to party number 2 this Saturday. Grayson is FIVE!!!! SHEESH!

                                          
                                  


                                                                          The photo shoot. I don't know how I missed that hair glued to her face :P




                                       At the Fun zone, riding the bucking bronco. This horse was crazy.
                                                        As you can tell, Laycee "loved" it
                                    Laycee with her birthday presents from Grayson and Jaye
                                                                  Lovin' the cupcakes


2 comments:

Summer Anderson said...

Your kids have the cutest smiles!!

Emily said...

OH.
MY.
GOSH!

She is so stinking cute! She has your smile!

I have decided here and now that she and Mister are sooo getting married!