Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Off to a good start!

So 2010 has rocketed into my life with an awesome beginning! Aside from the fact that I can't seem to stop writing 2009 on all checks and paperwork I am loving this year so far! I felt sort of depressed last year, which I'm pretty sure had to do with being pregnant and hormonal, but I just felt sort of I dunno... If I think of a word, I'll let you know, but I was feeling down. Part of it had to do with the fact that all of my friends have degrees and I'm still putting along trying to get an associate's degree (some day I will have a bachelors), part of it is a bunch of my friends have found talents that they can make money off of and I couldn't think of anything, and part of it was I felt overweight and frumpy. So that's how I have started my year.

Well, I've been trying to learn how to make hairbows for Jaye, and I was making some decent ones, but when my sister-in-law came here for Christmas, she showed me how she makes them. Some how I caught on, and now Delmonico's, a baby boutique in town wants to buy my hair bows! WOO! I showed the owner a bunch of examples and she said, "these look like professional boutique bows!" so she showed me what colors she wanted and tomorrow Barry and I will be driving a whole hour away to buy supplies and I will spend the weeking swimming in ribbon! It's been such a fun hobby and everywhere I go, people ask me where I bought my hair bow, so my dream of making money off of a talent is coming true! WOW! I feel so fortunate!

I also am still babysitting about once or twice a week for a woman in my church, and her husband found out I LOVE typing so has hired me for a nice amount to type for him. He just opened up a new dental practice and has been having me type up TONS of dental paperwork for him, so there's three jobs I've acquired which makes me feel in a small way, OK maybe a big way for me, accomplished! How nice.

And lastly, I just had my third week weigh-in at weight watchers and I have already lost 10 pounds! WOO!!! I am so glad I joined! There is no way I could lose all this weight on my own so fast. It has helped me feel so good about myself!

So there it is, that's how my January has been going. FANTASTIC!!! And Grayson is starting to soften out of the terrible stage, and parenting is getting a little easier, that's always good! BUT... Jaye already has her two bottom teeth and likes to bite me- OUCH! That's the only negative so far! But here's hopin' the rest of my year goes well! I hope everyone else's is too!!! Let me know what blessings you have received!

(Sorry, I just read through this and I sound like I'm bragging... but I'm just really excited!)

6 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I want to see your cute hair bows. You need to take a picture so I can see. Yay for 3 jobs... I am so glad that you are having a wonderful start to the New Year!!!

Unknown said...

That's awesome about all your jobs! I feel the same way sometimes about not having any talents to use to contribute to my family. My mom always reminds me that I'm contributing by taking care of my kids, and rasing good children, but sometimes I wish I could do more. I'm glad you're having a great year so far!!! :)

Elise said...

I am so glad that things are going so well! Congratulations, Krystle! Wish we were closer.

Also, I want to see some hair bow pics too. :)

Kathy said...

That's great Krystle! Maybe someday I will have a little girl and you can make hair bows for me too! I'm starting to become a gym junkie, which I love. I actually look forward to going to do my workout and I'm well on my way to running a half marathon. I feel great and love the results I am seeing. We will be two hot sexy mamas in no time!

Emily said...

That is awesome Krystle! I ALSO want to see your hairbows. I think you could also do an etsy shop and sell them online. You're doing great!!

**So, I had a dream with you in it last night. I dreamed I was there when Jaye was born because Barry couldn't be there but you and your mom and dad didn't want me there but I was like "No it is ok..." anyway randomness I know. BTW, was Jaye a VBAC or was she a c-section, I don't remember....**

KymandKalab said...

I think you should remove your apology at the bottom- you are not bragging- and this is YOUR blog anyway! :) I am SO super proud of you Krystle. I would love to learn how to make hair bows too. I am so happy that you have those jobs- that is a BIG accomplishment. And no worries about school- you are doing what you should be doing right now. Everyone is different in timing and where they should be on different things. And 10 lbs. already?! That is so awesome! I am with you on 2009- I was kinda down about it and I'm loving 2010 so far. Except for the fact that I too have been writing all my checks with 2010. ha ha. This is a long comment, but I wanted to tell you how AMAZING I think you are and how proud I am of you! Love ya!