Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Joy of Motherhood.

I discovered something else they don't tell you about babies today. They come complete with toy-making abilities. This afternoon I was giving Grayson a bath. I was just sitting there, not really paying attention to what he was doing. When I finally looked at him, I noticed he was playing with some kind of submarine I had never seen before. I looked closer, and gasped! My child was playing with his own feces! Now I know the water was already contaminated but I pulled Grayson out of the tub and left him standing in the bathroom, buck naked, saying the mother's prayer, "Please don't pee all over the bathroom," while I'm frantically trying to rescue his toys from the underwater missile launch. After I saved the last of his toys, I looked back to see a squating Grayson, finishing his business on the linoleum.

Apparently, I prayed for the wrong thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh. (I do feel bad for you though, that's never fun when you have to clean it up!)

Christina said...

Sorry, but I laughed. It has happend to all of us. Just be glad he hasn't figured out how to take off his own diaper. (or someone else's for that matter)
Your bathroom has seen quite of bit of disasters lately - I think we cursed you - he's trying to be like whitney :)