Friday, April 11, 2008

Rocky jouney.

You know those days when you just don't want to get out of bed? Well, I was definitely having one of those and the thought of doing my three mile walk was anything but exciting. Usually when I get started, I start to really enjoy walking but this was not the case! I decided to listen to some music to distract myself and make time go faster. It didn't work. I was nearing the biggest slope on my walk and was complaining to myself about not wanting to push the stroller and struggle up the hill. I wasn't even paying attention to my C.D. and just kept staring at the upcoming challenge. Right as I hit the bottom of the slope and began to fill with dread, I heard Bomm, bom ,bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom, bom. The 'Eye of the Tiger' started playing, you know, the theme from 'Rocky' where he is running up the huge stairs. I had Theme music to my trek up the mountain! haha! I was laughing so hard I probably looked like a raving lunatic!!! There's nothing like a little inspiration in life's challenges, huh? And what do you know, I actually enjoyed the rest of the walk.

No comments: