Thursday, August 20, 2009

3 YEARS OF WEDDED BLISS! :D

It seems to be the tradition to write a little blog about your spouse for Anniversaries so I thought I would jump on the band wagon and do the same since we just celebrated our anniversary two days ago.

I know, I am a procrastinator.

So, Barry is a stud muffin. That's really the best way to describe him. He is amazing, and hilarious, and extremely geeky. He is the perfect person for me... to sum it up, my mom at least once a month asks me "Where did he come from?!" whenever I tell her another amazing, wonderful and thoughtful thing that he has done for me.

STORY:
Last Christmas, I decided very last minute that I wanted to be in our church's Christmas party Talent Show. About two days before the party, we were driving with my mom who happened to be listening to "High School Musical" and her CD just happened to come with the karaoke version. Since Barry and I both work with the youth of our church we thought a Disney Hit would be perfect. That night we rented the movie and memorized the choreography to "What I've been Looking For", and the next night we put the song on repeat and sang along over and over, belting at the top of our lungs in the middle of the night, while painting our new house. And then in front of all our peers, friends, and adults... we busted out High School Musical. (I wanted to post the video but that might have to come later.)

That's my husband in a nutshell. He would do anything for me (and has), he has the courage to sing cheesy Disney songs with me in public, he treats me better than a princess, he ignores the giant pregnant belly (and the giant un-pregnant belly after the baby's born), he is willing to go to work and school full-time just to take care of us. He has a gorgeous singing voice, since we've been married we've had the chance to work on four musicals together, AND... he does the dishes.

Like I said... A stud muffin.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love how the many important things in our lives have happened so close to each other, i.e, marriage and two children. Love it! I agree, Barry is a stud, nothing compared to my Noah, but a stud nonetheless. :) J/K He really is a stud because Noah wouldn't have been caught dead singing High School Musical. Go Barry!

Mom Ricks said...

couldn't be prouder.......Krystle, you are perfect for him too.

The Baker Bunch said...

Agreed, Barry is a stud muffin, and he found his sexy cupcake! Okay that was cheesy, but you guys are great together! I miss you two a ton, and wish you lived closer! Grayson is so cute, and lucky to have you two as his parents. let me know when your little girl arrives! I hope all else is well for you guys! Muah! I love you! Happy Anniversary!

The Druces' said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so happy my friend found someone who shes loves so much and gets loved so much in return. The American dream right?? I never realized your anniversary was Audreys birthday! what a wonderful day! :) Hang in there mamma!

Dave & Ashley said...

I loved that! It was so sweet, and such a wonderful idea. Our anniversary is coming up in october an i will definetly have to do that. P.S i know that u are a wonderful mother and that kids will be kids. I hope that someday i will be as good a mother as you are. Congrats on the 3 years!