Friday, August 19, 2011

Baby time!

Forgive me if this is really poorly written, I am extremely doped up with pain meds, but I figured I’d better write this now, or I never will. Anyway…



What a whirlwind these past few days have been! August is going to be the craziest month for the rest of our lives!


August 11- I found out the doctor who has done the surgeries of both Grayson and Jaye, would NOT be back from his vacation in time to do my C-section. I started freaking out, I don't like doctors anyway, so to have the ONE doctor I really completely trust not be there... I was a bit of a mess.  


August 12- Showed up at the hospital at 7 am. After the spinal block, they waited a few minutes before checking if I was numb. The doc poked me with the scalpel and I could feel it! They decided to wait a few more minutes and all of the sudden I felt like I couldn’t breathe, so I started yelling that I couldn’t breathe and they tried to tell me it was just anxiety. The doc poked me again, and I told them it hurt. They asked “which side did we poke?” I couldn’t think, I was so scared, and so the doctor said, she’s just nervous, and was about to start cutting, when I screamed, “The left side!”


Thankfully, the nurse anesthetist was listening, and told the doctor I really could feel them and that they needed to knock me out. So, I was unconscious for surgery. They don’t allow anyone else in during an unconscious surgery, but for some reason, they let Barry in, which is kind of cool because he took pictures of the C-section, since he didn’t have to be by my side.**WARNING, GRAPHIC PICTURES BELOW! I didn't post these on facebook because they are kinda gross, but I think they are cool!** They told Barry later, that the Spinal block must have gone up (hence my inability to breathe) instead of going down, so I am so grateful someone in the operating room listened to me! It could’ve been terrible!


I came home after two days in the hospital and a few days later I started getting a horrible pain in my incision site. I went to the doc and they decided it is mildly infected. GEEZ! So, it is taking a LONG time to heal but at least I have a beautiful baby that reminds me to smile.

We named her Laycee (Because we love the name, and the spelling because it has the AY like JAYe and GrAYson. Weird reason, but it makes sense to us! And Rachel after my mom and we like to add a disclaimer that our sister-in-law Rachel is pretty amazing too so she gets credit in Laycee's middle name too! :)





 *****

Yesterday, August 18, was our anniversary! Since I was in so much pain, Barry asked my mom to watch Grayson and Jaye for the day, and he rented a pile of movies and we just stayed in bed with a bag of candy and a pan of brownies, and watched movies all day. It was fantastic and I don’t know how we have ended up with three kids in just five years, but I love our family. When they got home from Mema’s we all built a fort and played in it! I am sooooo blessed!!!!

Oh, and did I mention August 14 is Grayson’s birthday, the 13th is my brother’s birthday, and the 19th is the birthday of both of my nieces. YIKES! WHAT A MONTH!!!




7 comments:

Lance and Nicole said...

This all sounds familiar. With Jace, they started cutting and about halfway through, I started feeling it, so I was knocked out for it.

janae said...

Congratulations!!

Mele said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and looks so healthy! C-sections and the healing process afterward are no fun. You are doing a great job hanging in there and staying positive! Can't wait to see your little bundle in person, and btw, I love her name.

KymandKalab said...

Congrats Krystle! I think the AY thing does make sense and is awesome. And those pictures are awesome! I'm glad someone listened to you- that would have been way scary. I hope the rest of your recovery goes by quickly and less painfully! Love ya!

Christina said...

wow - I knew here was I reason I drove 14 hrs to have a vbac. So sorry for such a crazy experience. Hope things are doing much better now. So how big was she - from the pics she looks so big. Wish we were closer, we miss you guys.
Congrats!!!!

Brooke Carroll said...

Amazing pictures!!! CONGRATS Krystle!!!

Anonymous said...

5 years is so exciting! Congratulations on the anniversary and on the new baby Laycee is very cute!