Monday, October 15, 2012

Little Laycee Bug


    A while ago, Laycee found a doll on Jaye's bed, and adopted it. She has been OBSESSED with dolls ever since. It amazes me that a 14 month old innately knows how to nuture a little baby. She loves to put her baby in a stroller and push her around, she loves to wrap it up in a blanket and snuggle it. I tried to give her an adorable stuffed animal to play with and she kind of squawked at me angrily and then insisted I get her a doll instead.

    I think it's so funny. The other day we were at Walmart and Laycee just started freaking out while we were in the toy aisle, so I got her out of the cart to look at stuff. (I'm a brave Mom, I know.) And she went right over to the wall and started whacking this box that she could reach until it finally fell on the floor. Satisfied, she just carried the box around and looked at the twin dollies inside.  Kids definitely come with their own personality, because Jaye could care less about dolls.

Here are a few pictures as proof:



This is Laycee first thing in morning

 Here she is in the afternoon with her baby. (Did I mention she loves to wear hats and necklaces too?)

 She was quiet forever in her room so we went to check on her, expecting to see marker on the wall or something shocking, but she was just sitting quietly, playing with Jaye's barbies, putting them into the stroller.
 Such a sweetheart!

3 comments:

Emily said...

She is so stinking cute!

On a side note, if you watch "How I Met Your Mother" there is an episode where they figure out that all of the pictures of Barney he is posing the same. It's kind of like Jaye with her smile. Makes me laugh. She looks so much like you!!

KymandKalab said...

She is adorable. Malloree is the same with babies. Dolls were never pushed on her, but she discovered them about the same age Laycee is and loves them. She likes cars and dinosaurs too.

The Peterson's said...

What a sweetie!