Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Once upon a time...

My little girl is FOUR YEARS OLD!!! Where has the time gone?!?! And like a fickle female, my daughter kept changing her mind about what kind of party she wanted. "Halloween party!" "No Princess party!" "No I want boys at my party!" "I only want girls at my party!"                      

   I have a taste of what it'll be like when she's a teenager. 

But, she finally decided she wanted to have an all girl, princess party. So we invited seven little girls to dress like a princess and come to her "royal celebration."

 Laycee got to come too. But the night before, Grayson asked, "Can I go to a friend's house tomorrow. I don't want to be at a party with a bunch of girls." (Please Son. Keep that attitude through High School!!!) 

 We started the party off by painting everyone's nails (Jaye's most favorite thing to do.) After the girls were finished, they got to decorate their very own princess tiara. (Note to self: Next time, label EVERYTHING with the kids' names. They do not hold onto to things, or wear tiaras forever, and it gets messy when they think someone else is wearing their crown!) 

    I blew up several balloons to cover the living room floor, and so the girls were told they had to find their princess treasure. They each had to find one necklace, ring, wand, bracelet, and princess wrist band among all the balloons. So we turned on the disney music and let them attack the balloons to find their treasure. Surprisingly, there was no fighting. Or crying. And it was so cute to see the girls putting on all their jewelry. 
After the treasure retrieval, everyone got to decorate a cupcake with pink or purple frosting and sprinkles. It was unbelievable to see that little number 4 candle on my baby's cupcake! She is getting so big. After the cupcakes (another note to self: next year, make chocolate cupcakes too. Apparently not all small children like Fun-fetti cupcakes as much as I do. Who knew!?) 

So then she opened gifts. Which was hilarious. A few of the little royals cried because they either A) wanted to immediately open the toys and play with them but weren't allowed to or B) they wanted to keep the gift that they had given her. 



It was a little stressful to keep all the little girls happy, but I had some awesome moms there to help out. And my little princess absolutely loved it all, so this is one satisfied queen. 

*the funnest part for me was taking Jaye to Walmart after the party to spend her birthday money. We let her wear the crown, so EVERYONE was wishing her a happy birthday. She loved it! 

1 comment:

KymandKalab said...

I can't believe she's 4! Also, I think funfetti cake is awesome! As are you to have a "friend" bday party for your kids. I'm still debating for Malloree's 4th. I just feel kind of bad since all her cousins that live here are boys and I think she'd like to do something more girly...or possible I want to do something more girly. But I'm also terrified of having a bunch of little girls having meltdowns at my house!