Friday, December 19, 2008

Yeah...Laptop!

WOW... Barry has always told me that he wanted a big family. I was asked to do an overnight babysitting job, which I excitedly accepted for some last minute christmas money. My husband ditched me for the night (with my permission) to have a guys' night so I have spent the entire day babysitting alone- Grayson- 16 months, And four other boys ages 13 months, 3 years old, 5-6 years old, and an 11 year old. There were a few moments through out the day where I actually believed I could handle such a big family... and others where I was ready to rip my hair out! Such as getting yelled at because the frosting I put on the gingerbread house was melting on its own accord while the 13 month old was pouring his bowl of cereal over the edge of his high chair onto the freshly cleaned rug. Right now however, is one of the moments I might believe I can handle a big family. The boys all went to sleep by nine, giving me time to browse the movies and pick out a classic "Feature films for families". Does anyone remember those??? I love them! So here I am sitting on this EXTREMELY comfortable couch, watching a good movie with a wireless internet laptop, and all the extra candy from the gingerbread house! At this moment... I think I could definitely handle a large family.

Let's see if I'm still saying that when I finally get enough umph to pick up the mangled roll of toilet paper twisted around every nook and cranny in this house!

3 comments:

Mom Ricks said...

Krystle, fortunately you usually get your own children one at a time! But you got a good taste of motherhood.
It's the best.

Unknown said...

I just want you to know that I have actually blogged a few times. haha. and i don't know how to add people to my blog, like you and the Allreds...So you should help me out. i love you!

Christina said...

Yes, I think bedtime is the best too.
I think it's different when it's your own kids too.