Friday, January 2, 2009

Sad times.

Christmas was a little rough for me this year. The holidays started with a family friend's little brother dying from a faulty inhaler. There was a recall on the inhaler and the doctor didn't think to tell the family. He had an asthma attack. It was such a tragedy. This was followed by one of my best college friends passing away from Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Then one of my favorite people was hospitalized right before Christmas with a severe case of Meningitis. THEN, I found out that one of the women I admire so much (my college Branch President's wife) had a few more days to live, she was dying of breast Cancer.

I cried a lot.

I don't know how to word this tastefully, but I'm grateful that this all happened around the Christmas season. This Christmas, things were really put into perspective. I think I realized more than ever what Christmas should mean to me. I found myself praying for others more than myself, I found myself reflecting on my beliefs, and pondering my faith. I felt more appreciation toward my family. I am so grateful that we are given a chance to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ as a nation, and throughout the world. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I really did enjoy the time I had with my family. I'll post pictures later.

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Can you believe it?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Um, Merry Christmas? I'm just kidding, you are totally right and I'm really sorry that you have had a lot of death and misery in your life in the past little while. Here's something to cheer you up, you and Barry have been in my dreams a couple of times in the past week. No, I know what you're thinking, they weren't sexual in any way, but kinda fun because it was like I was hanging out with you guys...good times.

Becktacular Duo! said...

I know... it was kind of an emotional Christmas on our end too. But, isn't it interesting how as we grow things take on different meaning?

And its good to hear about your new house! I'm totally jealous! :) We love you and hope to hear from you soon! Hugs!

KymandKalab said...

I'm so sorry that so much loss happened in your life this Christmas! We'll keep you and those families in our prayers!

Brooke Carroll said...

I am so sorry to hear about that! I know it must be very hard, but I hope their families are doing okay, and that you are doing okay as well! Take care woman...