Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MY MOM SAVED MY LIFE!




Poor little Grayson was very sick. In the last nearly 18 months of his life, I've never seen him this bad, not even when he had pneumonia (sp?)! This whole last week he's slept in until 10:30 (wake up time is usually 7:30) and then was ready for a nap around 11, and then pretty much slept the entire day away, or just wallowed in misery. The only problem was he refused to sleep in his bed, and he refused to be anywhere aside from Mommy's arms. I was been pretty sick too so we both just wallowed on the couch, sick, dirty, and smelly. After two days, I just couldn't take it anymore so I tried something...






For Christmas, Grandma Kramer bought Grayson this cute little batman tent. I set it up in our living room and stuffed it full of blankets, stuffed animals, and toys and laid Grayson in it thinking he'd like it for just a few minutes. I set him in the tent around 3 p.m. and he refused to get out of it. HE fell asleep in the thing at six, Daddy got home from school at 8 and we watched T.V. - Grayson slept through everything! This was the best he slept since getting sick! We finally pulled him out at 10:30 to sleep with us, but he just went right back in the tent when he got up in morning. I think he likes it so much because the whole back of it is mesh, so he can always see me even when he's laying down. So, Batman REALLY is the GREATEST Super Hero! haha






THANK YOU GRANDMA KRAMER!


2 comments:

The Bundy's said...

Those are the saddest pictures :( He looks so miserable. I'm glad hes feeling better. That tent is super cool tho...make me want one :)

Mom Ricks said...

Grayson looks so sick and sad. I wouldn't have minded just sitting and holding him but the mini-tent was a stroke of genious and he obviously felt comforted in there.
Let's hope that he doesn't want to be in it only when he's sick.....
You should go on-line to Parent's Magazine, and Family Circle, etc and suggest this to the whole world.