Sunday, May 3, 2009

GRRRR....

I don't have anything fun and exciting to blog about so here is a gripe, because people love listening to other people complain right? RIGHT??? Anyway, Here are things that drive me crazy.
1- TEXTING in the movie theatre. Seriously, if you honestly think people won't notice and become irritated by the constant little flashing light of your phone screen... you're probably not bright enough to be using a cell phone.

2- Teenagers who talk CONSTANTLY during movies. (Can you tell I recently went to the movies?) There was a group of about ten teenagers who talked during our entire ACTION movie... WHO DOES THAT?!?!? I can understand maybe wanting to chat during a sappy drama, but this was WOLVERINE! There were explosions, slashings, fight scenes, sexy men... YOU JUST DON'T chat DURING ALL OF THAT!!!!

3- Teenagers in general. (and children) OK, I know a lot of great teenagers BUT... I feel like the majority of youth nowadays are simply not being taught respect... and yes I blame the parents. My good friend is a second grade teacher and she already has bratty kids talking back to her. I heard of a kindergartener (I think I massacred the spelling of that) that yelled at the teacher using the Mother of all Swear words!!! Teenagers crack jokes about things I consider entirely sacred. AND... THEY TALK DURING MOVIES!! What is WRONG!?!?! Where are the parents and WHAT THE HECK are they teaching these poor kids!?!

4- It's hot!!!

That's it. That's my gripe. Maybe I shouldn't go to the movie theatre anymore. I think the stress it causes might be bad for the baby!

5 comments:

Christina said...

I completely agree with you on that one - the problem is that the parents are all sending their kids to daycare and the daycare will get introuble for disciplining the kids so they never learn right from wrong or how to repect other people. There is a reason why the prophets have asked mom's to stay home and raise their children. I'm so glad that you are choosing to be that kind of mom!! Even though it's the toughest job ever, it also is the most rewarding job ever!!
ps - hope you had a great birthday too - you didn't blog about that yet. he he he

KymandKalab said...

I completely agree with you Krystle! Kalab and I hardly ever go to the movies, not only because it is expensive but people are SO OBNOXIOUS! Well- his mom gave us a gift card to the theatres and we went to the late show of "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" (which is very funny by the way). We figured we would be saved the pre-school field trip (which happened when we went to "Bedtime Stories") because it was 9:30 but instead we got about 15 of these 30 plus year old women on "girls night out" who were so NOISY! And the one right in front of me kept getting out her cell phone! I was SO ANNOYED! I also agree that kids are so very disrespectful now. I never wanted to be a full time teacher and when people hear I'm finishing my degree they assume I'm becoming a teacher. No thank you. But kudos to those who are- you are saints. Anyways- that was my "little" rant.

The Peterson's said...

Oh what to say... Well welcome to my world. As a teacher I completely understand the whole respect thing! Just take care of yourself and how is that baby?

Mom Ricks said...

Yes, it's a terrible thing, people have no manners! I can even hear the clicking of texting during church.

Maren said...

I think the weekend nights at the Carlsbad movie theater is reserved for teenagers so the parents don't have to deal with their obnoxious, disrespectful teens. Maybe try a weeknight, inconvenient, but you won't have to deal with texting and talking.