Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kids do the darndest things...

I guess this is my 100th post! YAY!!! But that's not what I'm here to write about. Our house isn't that big, but it is mostly (fake) wood floors, so it takes a while to sweep it. The other day I was sweeping, and my "wonderful" little boy followed me around the entire time with his recorder, blasting the only note he could play. Usually, I would be pulling my hair out but typically, he tries to grab the broom or dustpan and then cries when he doesn't get it... so that one, close-to-a-dog-whistle-pitched recorder note was beautiful music. I actually finished sweeping. What a great day!

Yesterday, I was also trying to clean. The recorder was no where to be found. But what was found was this huge spiderman alarm clock my little brother passed down to Grayson. Its batteries are almost dead so very mumbled, Spiderman would say "I'm just your friendly neighborhood Spiderman" followed by some bizarre dying crunchy noises. Well, the button to that little phrase was easy to push so that's what followed me around as I was cleaning. Over and over and over and over and over. "I'm just your friendly neighborhood Spiderman" crunch crunch crunch.

Next time, I think I'll dig out the recorder before I start cleaning.

2 comments:

Emily said...

At least he lets you clean! Maya is still at the age were if I put her down she just cries and cries and cries, to the point it isn't worth it! Does it ever get better?

I had a dream about you last night and in it I found out what gender you baby is, but I am not going to tell you...wait do you already know and posted it? I don't know. Anyway.

I miss you too! Seriously! By the way we move to Utah in 17 days! Crazy huh?

The Peterson's said...

Hey I am glad that I found you!! You are the cutest!! my blog is www.oandmpeterson.blogspot.com