Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Family Home Evening

         So, I had this grand dream that I'd be posting more blogs, since I have new and exciting things to talk about. But, I'm busy trying to learn the ropes of this new life. I'm really grateful that almost anywhere I need to go in town is on two main roads from my house. It takes less than two minutes to get to church (We may actually be on time, from here on out!), and the stake center is right down the street. It's awesome! Barry bought this poor student discount card, and we have been using that to eat out at all the fun places in town.


     People keep asking me how I handle moving from the house we owned to an apartment. Honestly, not a single complaint here! We have a dishwasher!!! And we have the washer and dryer IN our house! No more walking out to the creepy, black-widow infested, garage! And it's three bedrooms so I'm currently working on cute-ing up my girls' room! And Grayson loves having his own room. Almost every day he says, "I love our new small house!"

     I'm so grateful for all of our blessings!

     But what I really wanted to blog about today, is this past Monday's Family Home Evening. My son is CONSTANTLY (I grit my teeth when I say that), asking me and Barry to play "Beyblades" with him. It's these metal tops (based off a t.v. show which he also loves), that you put on this device, pull a rip cord, and launch them into this little plastic stadium so they can "battle".


      I was in charge of F.H.E. this week, so I found the perfect story from the Book of Mormon about Captain Moroni leading soldiers to war, and how they prayed for protection. So I read the story which talks about a specific battle, then talked about how important it is to pray during our own "battles", and then discussed what those might be.

       And then I announced that we had ten minutes to go find a battle costume and come back for a Beyblade battle tournament. I'm so grateful I have an awesome husband, who was just as surprised as the kids by my announcement, but (ALMOST) just as willing to participate.

    So when everyone came back with costumes donned, we did a battle top draft. And then we did a search for battle music on Youtube, and then had the GREATEST BATTLE TOURNAMENT in the World while the battle music played!!!

    

I can't remember what Barry's name was. I will have to edit this later.

This is actually a real "Jinga" costume from the Beyblade T.V. show

Jaye wanted to wear a ninja costume

Laycee the little homie

Mommy, the Monster Masher

This gives you an idea of what the "stadium" looks like, if you have no idea what I'm talking about


It was fun. And I learned you can relate anything to the Gospel :-D

2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

How awesome, your fam is seriously so so much fun!!

Mom Ricks said...

You guys are sooooo FUN! Playing dress up and doing battle with a "soundtrack", what a riot!!!