Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cute poem

(I was browsing the internet for Young Women activity ideas and found this poem. The lady changed it from the classic "prayer rock" poem. She said she gave this poem to her YW with a dollar store cell phone. This is so cute!)

You Know His Number


His line is never busy,

pick up your phone and see,

You will always be able to reach Him,

just drop to your knees.



You have unlimited minutes,

I know you have been told,

And I will guarantee one thing,

you'll not be asked "will you hold?"



I'm not a "little prayer rock"

so don't tuck me in you drawer,

Don't put me under your pillow

or chuck me on the floor.



But keep me close beside you

and use me all the time,

For in this world around us,

Satan's at his prime.



You can call when you need Him

or just to have a chat,

Just bow your head and call

"Heavenly Father, where are you at?"



And when there's an emergency,

no need to dial 911,

Just close you eyes and say "

help me out or forgive me for what I have done.



It's never to late to call Him,

He never goes to bed.

Remember, "ask and ye shall receive,"

is what He said.



So next time when your feeling down

or maybe feeling blue,

Just pick up your little prayer phone,

He'd love too hear from you.



- Rhonda Shawver



No comments: