Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Life's hard questions


     Grayson wasn’t listening to me when I told him not to put a plastic bag over his head. He thought it was too funny, so I had to pull out all the stops and tell him that if he did that it could kill him. I had him plug his nose and try to breathe, and then explained that the bag could do the same thing to his nose and he could die. (The scaring tactic, my least favorite of parenting techniques.)



Grayson just looked at me and asked, “And Jesus wouldn’t heal me?”


Now how are you supposed to answer that one?!?

1 comment:

janae said...

Unfortunately, I use the scare tactic ALL THE TIME. At least when it really is a potential problem...like why you wear seat belts or get immunizations or don't lick light sockets. Funny, funny Grayson!

ps. your blog roll on your side bar has my wrong blog, btw. That's my 'boring' blog that I only post to when I don't think my story is worthy of my real blog. The real one is samaeshow.com :)