Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Go Jaye, Go!

We have owned this seat for over a year, and I just now read the print. What a strange message to put on a toilet seat....


         But I guess it's true, because some magic has been made at our house! Jaye is officially potty-trained... again! She was potty-trained for a few weeks last year, but changed her mind, I guess. But since she turns three next month, and the price of pull-ups went up exponentially a few weeks ago, we decided to really lay down the law.

    Jaye was already using the facilities about 50% of the time, so I decided to kind of try that "potty train in a day" kind of thing. When she woke up, I told her "today is a big day!" We stayed at home and I set the alarm to go off every twenty minutes. Every time it beeped, Grayson and I would march behind Jaye shouting, "Go Jaye, Go!" And we did a victory dance every time she did her business. Then Jaye would receive a prize of four chocolate chips.

     By the end of the day, I was getting pretty burnt out by the 20 minute thing, but Jaye absolutely loved it! Grayson's cheering died after a few hours and by 4 in the afternoon, I just told Jaye to go by herself. Every time though, I heard her sitting on the toilet cheering, "Go Jaye, Go!"

     So the next day, we did the timer for 30 minutes early in the day, and then lengthened it to 45 by the end. And the rest is history! She has had only ONE accident in two weeks and it was only because she didn't get out of the car fast enough.

So..... HOOOOOORAY!!!!!! Just one kid in diapers!!!! Hooray, for saving money! 

                                      Hooray for making magic!!!

1 comment:

KymandKalab said...

YAY JAYE! That's awesome! And the wording on the toilet seat just about killed me -too funny!