Monday, November 26, 2012

Going for Gold

     I've been sick for a few days, and I think it is doing things to my brain. This morning I lost my phone and didn't know if Barry would be waiting for me when I dropped Grayson off for preschool. He usually is, but sometimes can't make it. When I arrived at school, I left my girls in the car with the car running while I ran Grayson into to the building. (Don't judge me, ALL the moms leave their kids in the car!) Walking back to the car, I didn't see my husband, so I got in and started to pull out of the space. But I thought, "what if he's running behind?" So I stop and wait a few minutes, just in case. While I'm waiting, I look down on the floor and see a random stack of water bottles. That was weird. Then I look back to check on the girls, and Jaye isn't in her carseat! And there's not even a seat where Laycee usually buckles!

     I was in the WRONG car!!!! About to drive away!!! There were a ton of people outside, I can't believe not a single one of them noticed the crazy woman getting out of a gold caravan laughing ridiculously, then get into my gold caravan and drive away.

    Words can't even describe how embarrassing that was! And I am sooooooo lucky that the driver of that other gold van didn't come out in those few minutes I was just hanging out in her vehicle. So yes, I am blaming my slip-up on being sick, because I would never do something like that on a normal day. (Insert sarcastic voice.)

   

5 comments:

Cherry said...

I laughed so hard a little pee came out. Good one Krystle! :)

Beck said...

This is so fabulous. You are awesome!

Unknown said...

Maybe in Idaho mom's leave kids in the car. Not in L.A.! Funny story. Our stories are about Carol locking the keys AND the children in the car.

KymandKalab said...

Ha ha ha! That is hilarious!

janae said...

Oh man, you are so lucky that you didn't drive all the way home in her car! Can you imagine realizing once you tried to get the girls out?! And dealing with the cops once you got back with the car you stole? Yikes! Sooooo funny!!