Sunday, December 2, 2012

Viva...

    Apparently, my three-year-old daughter is amazing. Or just really, really lucky. Just three posts ago, I described how Jaye won a Wii bowling tournament at the public library. Well the little rascal has struck again! I received a call from our local Maverick Gas Station saying that Jaye was the winner of their coloring contest and we needed to come pick up her prize.

     After I heard the news, I excitedly announced it to the family. Jaye was beaming. But tears started brimming in Grayson's eyes as he said, "that's not fair". He ran to his room so I went in to console him. I told him how both Daddy and I worked really hard to carve pumpkins for a local contest, but only Mommy won. And although Daddy was bummed, he was still happy for me.

    Grayson thought about it for a while and said, "but Jaye's picture was really silly. And mine was really... really awesome." I didn't know what else to say, so I just told him that we need to be happy for members of our family when they do good things, and then we let him sulk for a while.

    The next day we went and claimed Jaye's prize- a $5 gift card to Maverick. Along with the card, the gas station worker handed both kids a sheet for their new Christmas coloring contest. Great. More competition.  Grayson is determined to color the single most amazing snowman you have ever seen. And I wish him luck.

But really, if I gambled... I'd take Jaye to Vegas! She is a little lucky duck!

So on to Grayson's story. Jaye picked a Disney Princess book about their dresses from the library. (Such a shallow message for young girls, but that's a discussion for another day.) The book describes each princess deciding which dress to wear for her date with the prince, and the last page asks:


After Jaye gave her answer, I jokingly asked Grayson... "So, which dress is your favorite?"
He just looked at me with his eyebrows scrunched together and said, "None of them. They all look like they want to marry me."

    I laughed so hard.

1 comment:

Mom Ricks said...

I hope that ALL of your blog is being SAVED somewhere forever. These moments are so precious.