Friday, January 18, 2013

I am blessed. (not sarcasm)

     I've been really struggling for the past few weeks. We found out a few days before Christmas that I was expecting baby number four, and the following day I was hit by morning sickness. Hard. And I'm exhausted. And I'm taking care of three constantly moving living creatures. I know this was our choice to go through this again, but I was sort of hoping that being the fourth time around and all... it'd be a little easier. (Please... stifle your laughter)

    A lot of my prayers have been answered lately though. On a night I had no plans for dinner and was desperately trying to find the motivation to move off the couch and pour the kids a bowl of cereal, there was a knock at the door. A lady in my ward had just thought to bring over a hot meal, worried that I had already made dinner.

LIFE SAVER!!!!

  Two friends of mine have picked up my kids so I could have a break. In which I spent the entire time wallowing on the couch and napping.

LIFE SAVERS!!!!

   And then today... I was frantically and pitifully trying to get my house clean for a Young Women Presidency meeting. Elbow deep in dishes, I felt the stress tears coming, I was waaaay more behind than I thought I'd be. When I received a text.

   My friend, Melody, text me saying her husband was home to watch the kids, and she was coming over to clean my house.

LIFE SAVER!!!!! Together we got my house presentable for the meeting, and the cleanest it's been in weeks.

It felt so amazing to actually have a clean house today.

    And then my daughter dropped her sticky fruit cup on my freshly mopped floor. Spilled sticky lemonade on the table. Dumped out a bag of cool ranch nacho chips on my vacuumed carpet. Ran into the wall and cried forever. Pooped in the tub. And then peed on the carpet.

So thank you, Melody, for returning my sanity... right before I lost it again.

1 comment:

Summer Anderson said...

Oh my, what great people you have in your life! You're a good example of finding the positive in tough situations. Good luck to you guys with baby #4!