Sunday, April 20, 2014

PEEPS

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to enter contests. So when I saw the flyer at the public library for a "PEEPS" contest... I got excited. In honor of National Library Week and Easter, our local library was asking for dioramas based on published books. The rules just stated it had to have at least one peep in the scene, so here are our entries. 

I think I've been a little obsessed with Dr. Seuss since that is the theme for girl's camp this coming summer. So my mind immediately went to "Cat in the Hat". I think it turned out so cute! 

 . Grayson picked "Chicken Little". He loved the dangling acorn, it just makes me laugh it's so adorable!
 I was so proud of Jaye for writing her own title on her diorama. Not bad since she just started trying to write. Do you spot Waldo? haha


None of us won, but they gave all the participants a package of peeps which made the kids think they "won" a prize. I just hope that we are teaching our kids to be active members of their community. Fun times!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

These are awesome. Makes me want to build one. What's the next contest you are going to enter?