Sunday, March 1, 2009

Masculinity at its best

From the day he was born, Grayson was one hundred percent ALL boy. He already knows how to "shoot" toy guns, make car noises when he plays with hot wheels, and grunt when he fights with action figures. He loves football, basketball, hitting us with his fake sword and light saber, and sit in the driver's seat and twist the steering wheel while making car sounds. I never even had a single person mistake him for a girl (except once when I put him in a yellow, polkadot outfit... never again). There is just one little thing that my tough guy does that just doesn't fit:
He loves that silly green bead necklace. From the day he found it, he's loved it. He puts it on and wears it for hours at a time... even while grunting and fighting with action figures. We call it "Bling" because for some reason, that just makes it sound more manly. Or maybe just more gangster. Anyway, I haven't let him wear his "bling" out in public yet... but I'm sure I'll be forced to let him some day. Or maybe I'll go buy him a big gold chain with a diamond money sign... That's a little tougher than beads.

4 comments:

Mom Ricks said...

It's so good to see Grayson feeling better. Don't worry about the bling. Kids do weird things. He'll wear something else next month.

Anonymous said...

Him and Kason would get along GREAT!!

Christina said...

HE HE HE - I bet Whitney left that at your house - she wears her "bling" everywhere and doesn't always keep it on. But no worries Grayson can keep his "bling'.
Our guy has already been fully decked out in the princess jewlery - some day I'll get the pictures blogged.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Kason likes to put on headbands some times haha its all good.