Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dear Marilynn....

My mother-in-law had six kids and I have a question for her.

"HOW IN THE HECK DID YOU DO IT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Don't get me wrong. I was EXTREMELY excited to have a second baby... then I got scared... then I got really scared... and now I'm starting to get excited again. But PREGNANCY... if I didn't love kids so much I would announce to the world right now:

"I'M FINISHED!!! NO MORE KIDS FOR THIS FAMILY!!!"

Here are my excuses:
Morning sickness, not wanting to eat anything but peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, the painful carpal tunnels I get only when pregnant, swollen feet and hands, itchy belly, waking up every 20 minutes just to roll over, extreme exhaustion, terrible anemia, back pain, pubic bone stretching pain, constipation, crying ALL the time, wishing Grayson would just sleep all day, the way it hurts just to pick Grayson up, the waddling, the way I get nauseous when I kiss my husband, the excess 40 lbs. that always find their way solely to my rear end....

It gets old.

But it's almost over.

Until next time....

7 comments:

Emily said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!! Seriously! My mom had 5, Becky had 4... and one is a handful to me. I think what I have heard from them is that when there your kids you just do it. It happens. You'll do great and you'll figure it out.

But I know what you mean!!

Elise said...

Good luck! We're pulling for you! Pregnancy can be really hard.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

I hear ya! I said I was done after every single one. Now I have 4, lol.
Hang in there. :)

Sarah said...

Krystle, don't be scared! It doesn't take very long to get the hang of things and soon you'll be a pro! My mother in law had 7 kids and it's important to remember that not all 7 kids came at the same time! If I can do it, I promise you can too!

Mom Ricks said...

It get's easier with #4. But somehow the Lord blesses you to FORGET a lot of the bad and before you know it.....bang, you're pregnant again. It's all worth it.

KymandKalab said...

I feel for ya Krystle. I completely know what you mean. I knew pregnancy would be difficult but it is hard to really KNOW until you actually go through it. You made me feel so much better reading your post because I fell the same way a lot and this is only my first. I told Kalab this might be his one and only, but I'm sure I will be able to forget most of it eventually and will do it again! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!

The Peterson's said...

They are hard but sooooo worth it! Can't wait until your little one get here! I want pictures!