Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our love food.

Last time I was pregnant I mentioned to my husband that I really wanted some doughnuts. The next day, he came home for lunch with his hand tucked behind his back and I was sooooooooooooo excited that my hubby would bring me flowers... until he unveiled the bag of doughnuts behind his back. Then I was mad. I wanted flowers. (Now, I can see how wonderful he was for listening to me, though. Don't judge me!)

Tonight I was in a bit of a sour mood because we had to cut our shopping trip short because of our whiney little boy. We stopped at Albertsons to buy bread and I sent Barry in by himself, because I was not going to try lugging Mr. Cranky-pants into another store. When Barry got back in the car, he surprised me with doughnuts. My favorite kinds of doughnuts. This time I didn't get mad.

So here I am eating my chocolate and maple covered doughnuts, and I realized something. I'd rather have doughnuts over flowers any day. Thank you husband... I love you.

And I. Love. Doughnuts.

4 comments:

The Baker Bunch said...

I'm judging you! That is so great! Barry is so great! And you are so great! Muah!

Emily said...

I love doughnuts too! It is so nice when hubbies do things like that without asking them!

The quote came from "Gotta Step It Up" I think it was called. It was from 2002 about a group of cheerleaders that miraculously make it to nationals.

Elise said...

Yum, Yum! You guys are great. And this post made me laugh! I love it.

KymandKalab said...

Awwww- what a sweetie! I'll take doughnuts over flowers too!