Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dialogue

Scene: Grayson is sitting on Mommy's lap. Mommy is relaxing and wearing a hoodie.

GRAYSON: Mommy, is there a baby in your tummy?
ME: Yes, there is!
GRAYSON: (lifting up my shirt) where is it?
ME: In my tummy.
GRAYSON: (still investigating) Is it hiding? Is it in your pocket? (He shoves his hand all the way through my pocket until his hand is poking out of the other side and gives me a concerned look) Where is it?
ME: You won't get to see it for a loooong time.
GRAYSON: (thinks about it for a while) Is there a baby in my tummy?
ME: No
GRAYSON: Why?
ME: Because boys can't have babies, only mommies can
GRAYSON: Why?
ME: Because that's how Heavenly Father made us

loooong pause.

GRAYSON: I think my tummy is a boy.



I can already tell I'm going to be HORRIBLE at giving "the talk".

3 comments:

The Bundy's said...

"The talk" that's what Barry is for ;o) Good thing about C-Sections is when you get closer to having the baby and he asks where the baby comes out of...you can say your belly! You don't even have to go "there."

Emily said...

HAHAHA!! That is so funny!!
I was actually thinking about that a couple of days ago. Little Miss has been so good about the baby and "getting it" almost too good. A couple of weeks ago she did point down there and say "What's that?" and I kind of stammered...."Ummm...ummm it is were your pee comes from...ummm..." Branch laughed so hard.

KymandKalab said...

I agree- make Barry do it. :) Ha ha.