Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Worst. Week. Ever.

  I was going to write earlier this week but I am soooooooo glad I didn’t! It would’ve been the most depressing, life-sucking post you would have ever read. And then you would never come back to my blog again. I’ve been sick. And miserable. And really REALLY sick of being miserable.



    Saturday, my throat started hurting, and by Monday, I had a full-on mash up of yuckiness. My throat was in so much pain it hurt to breathe, and I couldn’t even breathe through my nose. And my ears were so stuffed up that it made me feel dizzy non-stop. And of course, I get sick on the week that Barry only gets one day off, and has to sleep peacefully during the day as I struggle to be a sick mother. We just can’t get a break, can we Mothers?


    So, I’d have to say I get negative points on the “Good Mother” score board. I feel so disappointed in myself, I found myself yelling constantly, which was made even worse by the screechy cackling witch voice my sore throat created.


    On Tuesday, I got the kids their breakfast, turned on a movie and went back to bed. A few minutes later, Grayson pounded on the bedroom door, shouting, “Mommy! Jaye went poop!” I sprung to the doorway, and found Jaye standing there holding up her sweet little hands, covered in… you know. Grayson led me down the hallway and pointed at the smeared mess all over the floor. (Jaye decided to take off her diaper… and THEN do her business.)


     The sight was so overwhelming I just threw Jaye in the bath tub and sat on the floor beside her sobbing. Grayson was so concerned he went and woke up Daddy, saying, “Daddy, Mommy is crying!” I yelled at him to leave Daddy alone. Grayson then asked why I was crying. I didn’t know what to say so I just said, “Mommy doesn’t feel well.”


     A few minutes later, Grayson came back in the bathroom carrying my medicine. I snapped at him because he knows NOT to touch any of our medicines. And he looked at me with the saddest eyes and said, “It’s for you, Mommy. To help you feel better.”


    I gave my sweet child the biggest hug I could muster, and started sobbing again.


    Like I said, SERIOUSLY NEGATIVE POINTS on the “Good Mother scale”. When I feel better, I’m going to work on fixing that!

3 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

LOL, we all have days and moments like this. I love reading your post!

The Peterson's said...

You and I are like twins! Cairo got pink eye and ear infections, so we took him to the doctor. Then I came down with strep and Owen was working every day including weekends and 12 hour days.

KymandKalab said...

Oh Krystle- don't be so hard on yourself. I totally feel your pain though. I had a really bad week a few weeks ago while Kalab was in Canada for 10 days. I had no patience and I left my brain somewhere and did some pretty stupid stuff. Since Malloree missed her daddy she was clingy and had some awful separation anxiety which of course didn't mix well with my low patience level. I felt like the worst mom EVER! And I only have one baby and I'm not pregnant so you have way better excuses than I do. We all have those days (or weeks). Mommies really don't get to be sick. I love being a mom, but I really do miss being able to lay in bed, watch TV, and feel sorry for myself when sick- even worse when you're pregnant cuz there's hardly anything you can take! I hope you are feeling so much better. Love you Krystle
(and your kids do too- I'm sure they were over it in seconds while you're still beating yourself up about it).