Thursday, June 23, 2011

June

    Once again, I have been absent from the blogging world. It seems like I use the excuse, “I’ve been busy” quite often, but I am recycling it once more.



I’ve been busy.


    But my sister-in-law, Rachel, seems to find time to blog and she does a WHOLE lot more than I do, so my excuse seems kind of wimpy, compared to her. So here I am… attempting to update my blog.


    Almost half a year ago, the children’s librarian approached me about directing a show for the “teen segment” of the Public Library summer activities. I never thought it would actually happen, but here I am, practically 8 months pregnant and directing a cast of ten fantastic teenagers.


    We were given two days out of the week for the month of June to throw together a one-act play, called “A Bagful of Fables”. I don’t really have help with the show, so I have bought or made all the props and “costumes” myself. THANK GOODNESS for the Dollar Tree!!! And these past two weeks I have painted a 20 foot backdrop for the show… in my living room. By myself. THANK GOODNESS acrylic paint wipes off of wood floors!!! (Pictures to come soon. My AMAZING husband just taped it all up at the library today!)


     So… I’ve been busy. I got a chance to go to Walmart all by myself (a RARE opportunity!), to buy shirts for my cast. But being alone with my thoughts at Walmart, without the screaming, whining, begging, whining, rambunctious, whining children… made me think of my children, the upcoming one in particular.


I got excited.


And I bought her an outfit.


    The first money I’ve spent on the little bun in the oven. Only seven weeks left, and I’m just getting around to thinking about having her here. Is that sad? Or is it yet another sign that this has been the easiest pregnancy EVER?

...Or am I just too busy?

3 comments:

Emily said...

You are amazing.

And you're busy. My SIL didn't even have anything ready for her third until my mom made her..the day before she had him. So you are ahead of the curve!!

KymandKalab said...

I think it has a lot to do with it being your third child- the other two keep you preoccupied! Also- don't feel guilty about not having your blog updated every two days. Honestly- don't we have enough stuff that we feel we HAVE to do without adding one more. But I do have to say- I love reading your blog and I'm glad you update way more than I do!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Wish we were closer so we could come see the show!! (move here, move here...hahaha) You are busy and "I'm busy" is a good excuse.:) I use it all the time, lol. Plus, I'm not pregnant and my youngest is 6...it really does make a difference. But I do enjoy reading your blog and seeing what the Carlsbad Ricks are up to. Thanks for taking the time to post. :) Love you guys!!