Friday, July 1, 2011

Doc Appt.

     Today at my Doctor’s appointment, the nurse told me she was concerned because there was sugar in my urine. She asked if I had anything sugary for breakfast, and I just started laughing. Last night I hosted a baby shower… with a dessert bar… and boy howdy, did I have at those desserts! I explained that to her, and she started laughing. Then she asked my permission to write that on my chart because she thought the doctor would get a kick out of it: “Excessive desserts last night.” For some reason, that sounds so rebellious: excessive desserts.



    Also, my Doctor asked me when we had scheduled my C-section and I told him August 9th. Then his smile faded and he said, “Oh no…” Something you NEVER want to hear come out of a doctor’s mouth. He told me that he was going to Columbia at that time and wouldn’t be able to do the surgery.


“OH NO!” indeed!


     This is the doctor who delivered both of my other babies! And his replacement doctor is the only one I reeeeally DON’T like! “Or,” he finally added as I was sinking into stressful despair... I could wait until the 12th when he will be back … a whole three days after our original date.


I can handle that.

2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Why do you have to have c-section? Just curious. That is so funny about your pee. LOL. Thanks for the update. Name yet?

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! Its coming so fast. I swear we coordinated our pregnancies even though we are so far away, I am due with my third this december!