Monday, July 11, 2011

Ax Murderer music begin...

    The kids were in bed. It was dark out, and Barry and I were just snuggling into bed to watch a movie. All of the sudden I heard an eerie noise creeping toward our house. I asked Barry if he heard it, and, of course, he didn’t. A few seconds later, I could still hear the noise so I asked Barry to listen and finally he heard it. An ice cream truck was coming down our street… at NINE p.m.!!! You have no idea how chilling it is to hear that little kid music blasting through the darkness! The music passed our house and Barry and I were joking about how unsettling it was, when all of the sudden, the truck flipped a U right past our house, and started down the street… AGAIN!!!



    It sounds ridiculous, but this was totally one of those scenes in a horror movie! Or an action flick where the bad guys pop out and start shooting up the neighborhood. What kind of ice cream truck keeps going when it has been dark for over an hour? And what kind of sick parent would let their kid run out to get ice cream from a stranger in the darkness?! Barry said if the truck came back he was going to call the cops.


I couldn’t help but burst out laughing… Can you imagine that as an emergency call?


“Yes, would you please send an armed officer … there’s an ice cream truck outside of our house… and it’s creepy. “

6 comments:

The Bundy's said...

LOL at least Barry was home with you. Jared has been working late and I swear I heard someone walking across the gravel in our back yard the other night. I quicly got out of bed and went to make sure the back door was locked (it wasn't). Just as I reached the door the basement door flew open and I about lost it...it was just Jared but it was a little hard to fall asleep after that. However there have been several nights where if I heard an Ice Cream truck in front of my house I would run out there ;o)

Elise said...

LOL. That is hilarious. And also creepy. I agree.

KymandKalab said...

That totally would have creeped me out! I'm actually a little creeped out now and Kalab is gone all week so now it's nighttime and I'm freaked out. Thanks a lot. Ha ha. Just teasin'. I truly am scared- but I don't blame you!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Glad Barry was with you! The icecream truck has done that in our neighborhood a few times this summer. It is a little creepy hearing it after dark. The truck's song starts with a womam voice saying "hello" then the music starts. That song freaks me out during the day. Hahaha. We joke he sells more than icecream from his truck.

Cherry said...

First of all, I want to be under the category "People I Love" I'm a little hurt that I wasn't already. Secondly, I LOVE THIS POST! Write a book about it, and turn it into a movie. You can do it and I will watch it.

Mele said...

I am an official reader of your blog now. :) An ice cream truck playing music that late at night is odd... Maybe they are selling "adult popcicles", or drugs, or maybe the on/off switch to the music is broken, or maybe it was the only car one of those homie G's could get his hands on for cruising..... ? ha ha. All the what ifs.