Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm a Toys R' Us Kid!

Grayson loves to play... especially with other kids. I love having kids come over because I'm hoping it will erase that "second child" jealousy streak, that seems to hit every first child. It's so funny to watch him "play". He loves showing his toys off, but he hasn't grasped the whole sharing part. But he's not at an age where he'll throw tantrums when the toys are taken, he just won't let go, so it turns into this weird, non-expressive tug-or-war. It's hilarious to watch! He also seems to handle himself well with big kids too. I'm so excited... I think I am conditioning him into a good big brother! This is Cannon. Even though they're just babies, I think they are friends. Grayson gets so excited when he comes over. They love to play Poke-face, and Painful Pinching, and push one another over onto objects that don't feel good to land on so they cry game... loads of fun. But other than that, they are really good together! They also love playing "fight for the mirror" game. This is a favorite of mine, because they just sort of run into each other and knock the other one down. This game can last forever.
This is Grayson's vast collection of random toys. He was very excited to have an excuse to have them all out when his friends Grace and Claire came over. It was a great day. (Believe it Elise! We had a blast!)
This is the product of "over-play".
I know older parents will always say "savor the moments of babyhood", but I love seeing Grayson get a little older. It's so fun watching him play and to play with him! I love it!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Am I missing something? Are you trying to tell us something here?

Unknown said...

I agree that it is more fun when they get older. Little babies are cute, but they sure are a lot of work!
Isn't it great when someone comes over to play and the kids always seem to get out every toy they can find?! I had to start hiding half of Gage's toys whenever another kid was coming over, or else there would be an enormous mess. I guess it's just their nature.