Monday, June 16, 2008

One of those days...

Consider yourself blessed if you have friends like mine. Just a few weeks ago, a dear friend of mine posted a blog about her moving van getting stuck in the mud while they were making the long drive to Utah. I told her that her positive attitude about the whole situation was inspirational, she even took pictures of the event.
Well, yesterday, Barry and I were on our way to church... and our tire exploded. Keep in mind that we stayed up extremely late cooking (long story), so I was on the brink of being a very cranky girl. We pulled off to the side of the road, and my friend' story popped into mind. I started laughing, thinking that maybe they got stuck in the mud for this very reason... to show that even Mrs. Anti-morning could have a positive attitude about this. Realizing that we just happened to have our camera in the diaper bag, I pulled it out and snapped a few pictures.
We were stuck out in the hot sun for about half an hour because Barry couldn't get the lug nuts (I'm sure I spelled that wrong!) off.
Grayson was miserable and crying so I tried to calm him down with cheerios... Those do wonders!
Our AMAZING friend Brad (who has an amazing wife by the way) came to our rescue. He fortunately was a little better handling flat tires than we were... THANK GOODNESS!
Finallly, we got back on the road and made it to church just in time to teach my class!
THANKS BRAD!!! THANKS CHRISTINA!!! AND THANKS TO ANYONE ELSE I CALL FRIEND! You are ALL AMAZING!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Well, that was just way too nice on your part. I'm very impressed with your cheerfulness!

We love you guys.

Christina said...

So sorry about your tire. We used to blow a tire every trip we went on for the first two or three years we were married. So glad you got things taken care of.