Wednesday, June 11, 2008

YEAH!!! I'm SO HAPPY!

Barry and I recently started the community musical, "Clue: the Musical". It's a STRANGE and pretty funny show. I was cast as Miss Scarlet, the quote, "Shrewd Vixen". I'm still trying to understand why I got that part... haha! And Barry got the conman entrepenuer Mr. Green. It feels so nice to be in a show again. Musical theatre has been my life since pretty much the day I as born, and I've felt sort of void (just a little bit) since we moved here. our director is horrible though. She treats me and Barry as if we have never been in a show before, and her idea of choreography is doing a grapevine over and over for an entire song. I suddenly appreciate Jamie-ography (and Western) so much more. But even so, I am so excited! Mine and Barry's characters are sort of connected, so we play across from each other the entire time, which has always been a dream of ours! We even sing a SUPER FUN duet about how we want to kill someone. It's great! And we also found out last night that since the Theatre is not-for-profit, we can deduct the gas money it takes to drive to the theatre on our taxes! How cool is that?! Anyway, I am so satisfied with life right now, even with Mrs. crazy director. I wish everyone could come see the show!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! I am glad that not only do you get to do something you love but you get to do it with the one you love!

I need to do that.Branch and I went to the movie theater last weekend with Maya and she slept the whole time so were hoping she likes going to the movies like mommy and daddy!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I have missed doing theatre also. It's been such a long time though, it is starting to feel like it was another life. lol. Oh well, maybe someday I'll be in a show again. :)