Monday, August 4, 2008

"Clue" is over. I am sad. But not too sad. On our first week of performance, Grayson started puking all over the place, his temperature was bordering 104, and he was very comatose-esque. It was very frightening, and on top of that, my parents forgot to tell us that they were going out of town that very weekend for my dad's surgery. Boy, did that put us in a bind! It's not like we could leave our flu-ridden child with our friend's who have young children of their own! We frantically called all the older, empty-nesters in our ward and set Grayson up to babysat. That was the hardest part, leaving my sickly child to have fun performing. That was enough stress to be grateful the show is over.

But... The show was quite successful! It was a rather fluffy script, but the audiences (except for the devil audience on first weekend Saturday) really seemed to enjoy the show. I have missed performing m0re than anyone could ever know, so this was just what the doctor ordered! I also had several people tell me that I was their favorite character, or that mine and Barry's song was their favorite... so talk about a Self-esteem boost! It's kinda nice being a big fish in a little pond. Carlsbad is used to seeing the same old actors in the same old shows, so I think Barry and I were a breath of fresh air for this town. That's not supposed to sound cocky! Anyway, here are a few pictures... enjoy. And THANKS everyone who came (and those who wanted to come but were incapacitated with a sickly husband), I love you all!
Miss Scarlet and Mrs. White (the maid)
Colonel Mustard... an AWESOME actor!

It's me! Scarletta Vermicelli!
Mr. Green and his DANG toothpick, haha! It was so fun to play across from my Husband!
The End.

4 comments:

Elise said...

Tanya told me she had such a blast. I really really wanted to go. You have to let me see the video. Whe do you get it back?

Anonymous said...

I think this is soo neat

Unknown said...

That is so awesome that you guys were able to be in a show together, and even have a song together.
That's too bad about Grayson though. That would be really hard to perform when you know that your baby is sick. I hope that he is feeling better.

Christina said...

I'm glad you had fun. I hope Grayson is feeling better.
Well, we may be coming back - we are still waiting to hear. There were two positions (one temporary and one permanent that Dave applied to this week. Cross your fingers we get something)