Sunday, August 24, 2008

Welcome Home!!!

HELLO EVERYONE!!! We're back in Carlsbad and thoroughly exhausted from our super trip to Utah. It not only was amazing but it also marked the first year of our first child's birth. That's right, little baby Grayson turned one year old on August 14, 2008. I always made fun of these kinds of parents, but Barry and I threw Grayson a huge first birthday bash! They're never going to remember the party, so why throw one? I can't answer that question, but it was so much fun despite that little fact.

The party was Superhero themed (imagine that?). We invited all of our family (and some of Barry's high school buddies) to "Big Bear Park" in Sandy, and had a big Barbeque. We also invited everyone to dress in Superhero garb, and had a few people do so. After dinner, Grayson demolished his birthday cake, that the Amazingly talented sister-in-law, Kathy decorated for us. She also made coconut cupcakes and chocolate chip, oatmeal, pudding filled cupcakes for everyone else.


Then after that we opened presents, which were almost all superhero themed haha, and then we had a badminton competition to win a pair of Marvel Comic Pajama Pants. It was an awesome birthday!!!


I can't believe Grayson is one. I always knew this day would come, but I really can't believe it actually did. Grayson blows me away. He is such a good walker, he loves smiling and laughing, he's an unfortunately expert button pusher, and he gets closer to talking every day. The most frustrating part of growing up... fits. Grayson recently learned how to throw fits. He does the whole screaming, flailing, throw yourself down on the ground kind of fits. I didn't see this part of childhood coming till at least two years of age, but boy was I wrong. But even with the fits, we have such a great little boy. Happy Birthday Monkey!




Other parts of our vacation included eating at Rodizio's (THANKS OMA!), taking Grayson to the Hoggle Zoo, taking him to an aquarium, seeing the Draper temple, seeing our good friend Brady Flanigan perform at the off-broadway theatre, getting free dental work from Barry's dentist uncle, and we got to see an AMAZING show at the Hale Theatre (Big: the Musical). It was incredible. My one true regret (honestly) was I really REALLY wanted to see my college friend Sarah Fager. We were planning on visiting her the last day of our trip but ended up not able to go. I was so sad. I really wanted to see her adorable baby and her adorable self. Just know, when Barry and I move to Utah, I'll be visiting more often!!! haha!

6 comments:

Karleewinters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise said...

I am so glad that my one year old is not the only one throwing fits. But I'm also sad for us. What happened to our smiley babies?

Lance and Nicole said...

Hey Krystle, so I'm one of Barry's friends wives. I felt so bad we couldn't make it to Greyson's Birthday party. I had an appointment with my foot doctor that I couldn't reschedule. We were hoping to still see you because we do have a gift for Greyson and I know Lance wanted to see Barry as well. Can we get your address so I can try and mail his gift? Our email is colierowley@gmail.com if you don't mind giving it to us. Thanks and we're glad you enjoyed your time here!

Sarah said...

I was looking forward to seeing you guys too, but no worries. I would say that we'll come visit you guys in New Mexico, but I honestly doubt that we'll ever go down there. But know if we did, you guys would be on the top of our to visit list. I'm glad you guys got to visit with Barry's fam though, that's what's important. Our kids will meet when they're older, that way they will remember each other and possibly fall in love.

Maria said...

I'm glad you're back - and that I found your blog. I finally started one, too. (I'm trying to be cool like you...)

If you can't believe that your baby is one, think how I feel that my first baby is 9 1/2! It truly seems like she was just born!

Maren said...

WHEN you move to Utah?!

Come on, what does Utah have that Carlsbad, NM doesn't? (that's a joke).