Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I didn't sign on for this!

When you plan on having a baby, you prepare for what's to come. Before we even conceived, we knew we would be giving up our free time, giving up our late nights, we'd be changing poopy diapers, cleaning up puke, getting puked on, catching those fingers in the toilet... we knew we'd have to discipline, we'd have to put up with tantrums and screaming, crying, laughing, sadness, etc. But I didn't sign on for this! About five days ago, Grayson started a fever, it wasn't very high but he was cranky and pretty much slept through the whole day. The next day was the same thing. On the third day, I noticed that Grayson's top teeth looked unusually small. They were literally disappearing. His gums were so red and swollen, they had almost completely covered the top teeth. The next day, his bottom teeth started disappearing. He hasn't eaten for the entire week because his mouth hurts so bad, and today he bit into something and his gums basically split open and started gushing blood. Finally, we decided it was time to call the doctor. Unfortunately, they can't fit us in till tomorrow. I hate watching my poor baby suffer. It's not fair that we can't take their pain from them. Sigh. Please pray for my little guy. We still have so many hours to go till our visit tomorrow. :(

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Krystle! I am so sorry to hear about that! Grayson will be in our prayers tonight as will you both!

Elise said...

What the HECK?! Can you not take him to the ER?

I love you, Krystle. We sure will pray for him.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

I'd be in the ER!
Let us know what you find out!!
Love you guys!

Kathy said...

Poor guy! :( I hope he starts to feel better soon.

Christina said...

Krystle. YIKES. I hope everything will be okay. I've never heard of gums swelling like that. Did the doctor's office have any advice or anyting. Did they tell you when to take him in to the ER if needed?
Wish we were there to be with you.