Saturday, September 6, 2008

What a week!

Before I start, let me add a little disclaimer... I am very close to "lady time" so I hope that might justify my actions that you will soon be reading.

A few days ago, I lost my car keys. Not only the car keys, but our house key, the mail key, the laundry key, and a few sentimental key chains. Needless to say, the keys were important. I was rushing to take Grayson to the doctor and I distinctly remembered putting the keys into the diaper bag, then we walked to the doctor's, and then we were given a ride home. Somewhere in that time, the keys disappeared.

Now, as you all know, this week has been horribly stressful, depressing, and difficult with Grayson's condition. My stress level was beyond red alert so the key incident was sending me into a nuclear melt down. For days I tore our apartment apart, I searched through the diaper bag a billion times, I checked the side walk to the office, called the doctor twice, all to no avail.

On the eve of a very particularly horrible day, Barry and I were just sitting in our living room and he casually reached his hand into the front pocket of the diaper bag and VOILA... pulled out the keys. He held them up to me excitedly... and I threw something at him. Grayson's binky went flying from my hand before I even realized what I was doing! It's a good thing I'm a terrible shot because it nearly grazed his face. He just stared at me, bewildered, and finally choked out, "WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR!"

I shouted back, "YOU FOUND THE KEYS!!!" Then I went to the bathroom and cried.

Isn't it sad, that men... our wonderful, amazing, adorable men, have to get stuck with such emotional nutcases? Fortunately for me, I didn't scar my husband too badly, because he still kissed me goodnight, happy as a clam. Or perhaps he was just being a typical male, and never even realized that I was upset. Either way, I have my keys back.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I once lost the keys in my purse for 4 days. I too tore apart my purse and the apartment and everywhere I had gone (even though I obviously had them when I got home other wise how did I get there?) Anyway, Branch looked in a pocket I had looked in a million times and found them. How annoying is that? He doesn't let me live that down either. The worst is when I have a dream were he is cheating on me and I wake up so MAD at him. Poor guy, he gets the stink eye from me and he didn't even do anything!

Elise said...

I do that ALL THE TIME. Don't feel bad.

On another note, we really really miss you guys.

Mom Ricks said...

Guess what, I got a majorly huge and very painful, weeping, cold sore after you left Salt Lake. So I may have given the herpes to Grayson, or he gave it to me! I know that I was miserable so I feel badly that Grayson had to suffer too.

Branch said...

Yeah... I remember that time when Em lost her keys. We absolutely THRASHED our apartment over the course of a few days. It was hillarious (to me) when I found them in Emily's purse. I have some weird made-up condition where I can be looking for something, and can't find it. It will be literally right in front of my eyes... I will look at it over and over but my brain doesn't register it. Anyhoo.... Im just happy you found your keys.

Anonymous said...

OKay, so diaper bags must eat keys seriously! Just last week I was out my keys for 2 days. I had to borrow my husband's and I even took the seats out of the cars in case they had slipped down underneath. TUrns out they were in the diaper bag the whole time!!

Sarah said...

I'm like that to Noah everyday except he's not so understanding about it and I end up hurting feelings...ok, maybe not everyday, but too much. It's a good thing we have such wonderful husbands because I don't know if I could be married to someone like myself. I'm glad you found your keys. I know I automatically start brainstorming some psycho who found my keys and is waiting to rob me blind or worse...wow, I really am a pessimist. Sorry about that.

Maren said...

We put those rock climbing hooks on our key chains and hook them to straps and our belts and all kinds of things to try to keep them from slipping into black abysses in bags. It works about half the time.

Gardners said...

I am so sorry for you. losing your keys on top of everything else is just too much.- but I am glad berry found them. It seems like when one of you is looking for something, tearing up the house, the other simply finds it. today I was looking for my keys and said a prayer and found them as soon as I ended it, it was great! Any way did you get the package we sent for Grayson? Michelle