Monday, September 22, 2008

For Maria.

My New Mexico Bug Story.

Last fall, we were leaving my parents house after dark. On the way home, we stopped at a stoplight and something caught my eye. I looked out the passenger side window, and sliding down the glass was a GIANT tarantula!!! I jumped out of my seat, screaming my head off... I went ballistic! Barry started swerving and yelling because he thought that a car was barrelling toward us. After realizing we were not about to die, Barry screamed, "WHAT!" And I frantically explained that there was a spider on my window.

I've never seen Barry so mad.

When we got home, I made him get out of the car, come around to my side, and thoroughly make sure the spider didn't miraculously stay on the car during our drive, just waiting for a chance to eat me.

Lucky for me, it was gone. But I wonder, HOW IN THE HECK DID A TARANTULA GET ON TOP OF MY CAR???!!?! My theory is that it dropped onto our roof from a tree we were parked under. Just think! It could have landed on my head!!!!!!!!!

Even after a year, I still have to check the roof (and the car handle) whenever we park there, just to make sure Tarantula's Family isn't seeking revenge. Shudder.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh no, now I have to check the roof of my car too! That was pretty crazy. I would have been screaming with you.

Unknown said...

That reminds me of a time we were driving down the freeway and I saw a huge bumble bee on the INSIDE of my window. I totally freaked out. Kyle was driving and had no idea what was going on. Fun times...

Christina said...

That would have freaked me out too. One time we were coming home from Rosewell and this enourmouse bird took off right as we passed and we about hit it. I was driving and it not only freaked me out but Dave too. That doesn't happen very often. Maybe it's just animals in New Mexico. HE HE HE