Tuesday, October 7, 2008

And eat it too!


I've recently discovered that I really enjoy baking and decorating cakes. I've never taken a class so I can't do any of that amazing fancy stuff but I still enjoy experimenting with the frosting kit I just bought at my own yard sale! (We joined with three other families).


So here are my newest cakes:


And for the record, that pirate cake did not come from my imagination. That would be amazing! I got it from Familyfun.com... one of my favorite websites and magazines in the whole world! But I did make up the strawberry, german chocolate, caramel cake. Anyway, it's kind of nice that I can use this developing talent as a sort of service. I've been able to do a cake for a baby shower and two birthday parties. It's helped realize that there really are THOUSANDS of different ways we can serve others. I can't complain anymore that there aren't any opportunities for little ol' me to do service in little ol' Carlsbad. I just have to be creative!!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Those cakes are AWESOME! That is so cool that you found a talent that is creative and yummy!

I couldn't eat chocolate because it upset Maya's tummy too much (stupid colic) and I recently tried it again to see if it still upsets her and it doesn't! YEAH FOR ME!

Unknown said...

That pirate cake is awesome! And the strawberry one looks soooo yummy.

Your lucky kids are going to have some fun birthday cakes through out the years! :)

p.s. we did watch conference on Saturday, but there were five kids running all over the place - so I honestly didn't hear much of it. So don't feel guilty at all!!! ;)

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Cool cakes!

Christina said...

Amazing!! Krystle you have some many talents!! I want to come over and eat them (too bad it would take me three days to get there he he he)
So what are you hoping to be ecstactic about in the near future?