Wednesday, September 3, 2008

THE VERDICT.

Firstly, THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE for your comments, emails, phone calls, and prayers. I feel so loved! You are all such wonderful friends!

And secondly, I took Grayson to the doctor today. He has Herpes. As in, the form of the herpes virus that causes cold sores. The doctor said pretty much everyone has the virus, and Grayson probably got it from a shopping cart or something... A SHOPPING CART! CAN I BE ANY MORE DISGUSTED!!! But, apparently for babies, the first flare up of the virus is severely painful. (Symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, bleeding, etc. for all you new moms like me!) And apparently, we are "lucky" that Grayson doesn't have open sores in his mouth... just swelling and pain. We've been advised to stay quarantined from other children for a week. Grayson wasn't put on any medications, the doctor said we just have to let the virus run it's course and to wash our hands a lot. (That would have been nice to know six or so days ago!!!) I can't believe a "Cold sore Virus" is causing so much damage but I am soooooooooo grateful that it wasn't a life-threatening, mouth-eating disease or something!

I hope none of you were stress-ridden and worried all day just to find out Gray has a cold sore. Haha! But THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING!!!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

That's great that it wasn't anything too serious. Hopefully he will feel better soon.

Emily said...

Oh Krystle! The joys of motherhood! You'll do great. Grayson is lucky to have you for a mother.

Christina said...

So glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. I will find that paste stuff we had for Danica and tell you what it is called. It will probably come in handy later on.

Elise said...

Oh! I'm so so glad that it's diagnosed!

But still be careful! I hear that in infants it can be more severe.

Love you guys!

Konnie said...

Poor baby! Thank goodness it wasn't serious, but still. Poor baby! I hope that you guys make it through this week!

Sarah said...

That is so sad! Noah's older brother has mat herpes from wrestling so our family is a little familiar with herpes (not genital herpes, sicko!). I have never heard of a baby getting herpes though. So sad. Beware of shopping carts, that's how Dagny got RSV last winter. I'm super paranoid about it now so I only go to the grocery stores that have the antibacterial wipes by the carts. I hope he gets better soon...