Sunday, August 3, 2008

TWERD.

I learned a new word on Friday: Twerd... "Twilight Nerd".


Yes, I am one of the millions of girls smitten (or bitten) by Edward, an unrealistically gorgeous vampire. I fought the urge to read the series for two years, but when I finally jumped on the bandwagon, I was in love, and embarrassingly so. A person my age should not enjoy reading such a cheesy teenaged drama... little did I know I wasn't alone with this secret fantasy. Two women in my ward, two mothers, invited all the women in our wards to have a tee-shirt decorating competition, and wear our shirts to the midnight release party of the fourth book. I couldn't believe that other normal women were willing to leave their inhibitions (and dignity) behind and do something so ridiculously AWESOME! Well, it turned out to be a blast. As in, one of the funnest times I have had since we moved here. Thank you ladies and fellow Twilight Fans!

8 comments:

The Bundy's said...

That, Krystle, is AWESOME! It is nice to know there are other crazy obsessed moms out there just like me!!

Elise said...

Before this book I was with Maria. I've never seen Janae with a perm!!

Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish I could have been there. Loved the book. Did you?

Elise said...

Give me the award for making the least amount of sense. I meant that I was with Maria about liking Jacob (you know, like her shirt).

Stop. Separate thought...

And I've never seen Janae with a perm and it looks good. SO DO YOU!

Williamson's said...

Man that night was a blast!!! I'm still not sure of nothing was put on those M&M's we ate that night!!! We need to do it again, December is just to far away!! :)

Maren said...

I guess I need to read the books so I can come party with you guys!

I know I was invited even though I haven't read them--but I would have felt like a poser. And I probably would have looked at you all like you were goofballs because I don't yet understand the phenomena, the craze . . . the PASSION. (tee-hee)

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love the series too. Kyle's mom gave me Twilight for Christmas and I had never even heard of it (I guess it's not that popular in Missouri....or the fact that I'm never around teenage girls.) Anyway I loved it and then I found out it was this huge craze...which is something I usually try to avoid. lol. Oh well.

I was going to wait a while and read the book when I could borrow it from somone else, but I caved on Friday night and went and bought it. It was worth it though! I loved it!!

okay, my monologue is done now. Have fun reading the book! (or are you already done?!) ;)

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Hey its Kerri!
Cant believe how big Grayson is! He is so cute! my blog is cnkpricefam.blogspot.com
Ker

Sarah said...

Krystle...I also am obsessed with the Twilight series. I haven't finished Breaking Dawn yet because, get ready...Noah reads it too and we have to share reading it! I know, LAME-O!!However, I'm in love with Jacob because Noah's too fat to be a vampire, but his body temperature is so dang hot and he's a hairy beast, he's definitely at least 3/4 werewolf.