Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I keep telling myself... It's almost over....

Tonight is our very last dress rehearsal for the musical I have been directing, "Lucky Stiff". We have thrown this musical together in a remarkable amount of time... just five weeks. I honestly didn't think it was going to turn out since I had no stage manager, no tech crew, and only Mondays and Wednesdays to stage and choreograph all of the big numbers. But, as of last night I think we have a pretty darned good show. And I am very proud of myself, I have managed to keep my stress levels down pretty well this entire time. There have only been a few times when I have lost it... This past Friday when my entire flakey band quit on me without so much as an apology. Thank goodness I have a tried-and-true pianist who has accepted the challenge of carrying the show on her own. This past Friday as well, when two girls showed up to volunteer as stage managers and then tried to direct the show themselves. And today... I spent the entire morning painting a stupid sign for the show just to have Barry come home and point out that I painted the wrong name on it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Don't be surprised to see me with bald patches all over, I might just rip out my hair!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! It sounds like you have had quite an adventure. It's sounds kind of fun though. ;) But I haven't done any theatre in years, so maybe I'm just jealous. lol.

I'm glad it has all come together though! I hope the performances go great!

Williamson's said...

yay!! I'm also exited about the show almost being over. Although I have enjoyed seeing Ryan enjoying himself. I will see you on Friday and the following Thursday. Break a leg!!!

Becktacular Duo! said...

Krystle-- I understand wholeheartedly! But you can do it! you will get through it, and you will feel so good inside. Well, after you go home and sleep for 12 hours the minute that opening is over. :) Good for you. Love you lots girlie!

Christina said...

All your hard work paid off. Dave said he and Danica loved it!! It did scare Danica a bit with the blanks but she got over it.
Congrats on a great show!!