Friday, November 14, 2008

This blog isn't really for anyone. I have a friend who is working on a masters degree in Drama therapy. It's very fascinating and right now she is learning about the power of poetry. She was given the challenge of writing an "I Am" poem and then challenged her readers to do the same. I thought I'd try it... since it works as therapy and all. Here it is:



I AM:
I am artistic and passionate
I wonder where life is leading me
I hear music everywhere
I see my daydreams coming true
I want to be remembered
I am artistic and passionate

I pretend that not-knowing doesn’t scare me
I feel there may be a pot of gold at the end of all rainbows
I touch bright colored canvases
I worry about the world
I cry when I disappoint others
I am artistic and passionate

I understand my life is a series of choices
I say thank you for the blessings I have received
I dream that I’ll keep getting better
I try to make a difference
I hope I’ll achieve greatness
I am artistic and passionate



It is a very thought-provoking process, Thank you Anna for your insight. I just thought I'd post the outline in case anyone else wanted to take a few minutes to ponder their lives.
I AM:
I am (two special characteristics you have)
I wonder (something you are especially curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound)
I see (an imaginary sight)
I want (an actual desire)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
I pretend (something you actually pretend to do)
I feel (a feeling about something imaginary)
I touch (an imaginary touch)
I worry (something that really bothers you)
I cry (something that makes you very sad)
I am (the first line of the poem repeated)
I understand (something you know is true)
I say (something you believe in)
I dream (something you actually dream about)
I try (something you really make an effort about)
I hope (something you actually hope for)
I am (first line of the poem repeated)
And that is it.

No comments: