Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just thinking...

I just found out today about two middle-aged couples in my church who are seperated and/or getting a divorce. It reminded me that marriage is a never-ending process, you can't just get married, and BAM- instant eternal happiness! Sometimes, it seems unbelievable to me that a couple can stay together for years and years, just to end it. I just hope I never stop dating my husband and I hope he never stops flirting with me. What are your opinions? What do you do to keep your marriages strong?


P.S. I guess I never officially announced that we FINALLY got air conditioning!!!!!! WOO!!!! It is HEAVEN.

5 comments:

Emily said...

First, congrats on air conditioning! Love it!!

Second. I agree with you. I hope that Branch and I never stop dating each other. It is a work-in-progress and will always be. I think that for us our communication is good, but it can always be better. We try to support each other in all that we do.

Mom Ricks said...

Your new picture is FABULOUS, and yes, marriage is work, but the rewards are priceless!!!!!!!

KymandKalab said...

yay for the air conditioning! I completely agree with you. It is so crazy that people just think the second they get married they don't have to work on it anymore! It is very rewarding but needs work like anything else worth doing!

Sarah said...

Am I the only person whose first thought was sex and sex and sex?

Gardners said...

I love your blog! Marriage is the foundation to your family, if is starts to crumble the whole family suffers big! I know James likes to be told how much he is appreciated and awesome and that I am still madly in love with him, and Sara you are right! Also it is good to remember that love evolves from the butterflies, to passion, to true partners and so on. So don't compare your relationship to anyone else's. thanks for getting me to think about it! love you!