Monday, July 20, 2009

what's been going on

Soooo... we still haven't gotten our wiring put in for air conditioning. My parents went out of town this weekend, so Barry and I moved into their deliciously cold house. For the past week, all I've wanted is for Barry to call the air conditioning company and give them a great big piece of my angry pregnant mind. But, if you know my husband, he would never consider such a thing unless he had proof that the company was intentionally trying to fry the bun in my oven. So he called for the umpteeth time, trying to get information and was a polite as ever. The company owner finally spoke to him and apologized, saying that their electrician has some kind of life-threatening disease and has to leave to get treatments. They have to use another company's electrician when this happens so their schedule never gets top priority. Talk about a slap in the face! I am so grateful that I have such a calm and logical husband! I can't even imagine how terrible I would feel if he did chew them out only to find out we're frustrated because their electrician is dying!

And speaking of being grateful for my husband, I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Barry was put on a waiting list to the nursing program here. We've been waiting for months, with no clue what would be happening to our lives in the upcoming future. But we got the call a week ago, and Barry was ACCEPTED! He starts at the end of August so we are frantically trying to get all his paperwork and medical examinations finished. He is determined to go to school full time and work full time, so I am sort of freaking out! I'm going to be a completely single mom as of August, and a single mom of TWO in October! But, I'll be a single mom with the GREATEST HUSBAND in the world!

2 comments:

KymandKalab said...

Wow- good thing Barry was so calm! I would have had a hard time. Glad you have a cool house to be in in the meantime! Congrats to Barry for getting into the nursing program! That's awesome!

Gardners said...

Hey, It's been awhile since i have written. You guys are so amazing, good luck with the air thing and give Berry our congatulations!- school and work with 2 kids that will be crazy but if anyone can do it i know you guys can!