Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My excuse.

I've had several people ask me if my computer is broken because I've been a pitiful blogger lately. In answer to this query- Nope. My computer is fine and dandy (for the moment). The main reason I haven't been blogging is this: I am hot! Ever since we got back from Alabama, our house has been sweltering, even with the swamp cooler on its highest setting. The lowest temperature our house has been in two weeks is 86 degrees. That doesn't exactly make a pregnant lady very happy. So I have spent my days as a hobo, bouncing between my mom's house and friends' houses... using them all for the sweet cool of refrigerated air.

After months of discussion, Barry and I finally agreed it was time to pay the pretty penny and get real A.C. for ourselves. We justify the massive cost by our recent decision to stay in Carlsbad a little longer than we had originally planned. So, this last Wednesday, "Dynamic Heating and Cooling" came to our house, ripped out the beastly furnace (the original furnace from the '50s) and also ripped out part of our wall in the process... sigh. On Thursday, I asked them if they would be done that day, and the foreman assured me they were definitely going to be done. YAY!!!!! BUT.... (there always seems to be a "but") their electrician just happens to be on vacation for the next two weeks! They have a substitute electrician but it would take days for them to get all the proper permits, but he said they would come on Monday.

Monday. No electrician. Barry called the company and now they have decided the electrician might be here Wednesday or Thursday... "might be"- my favorite phrase. So it's Wednesday, it's in the high 80s, and I' m still waiting... I have to say, amidst this whole predicament, I've developed the greatest empathy for the Wicked Witch of the West. I know exactly how she feels!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh that sucks!! Good luck!

BTW, were are belly pictures!? I LOVE belly pictures!!

Kathy said...

I hope it's finished soon. They could have told you there wasn't an electrician before they came over to install it. That wasn't very nice of them.