Monday, January 4, 2010

Krystle... the hussy!

The doctor that has delivered our last two babies has gotten very close to me and my family. So close, that he feels comfortable hugging me at the start and end of every visit. Now, I myself am big on hugging! I love it! But today's doctor's visit was a "Hello World, I'm naked!" visit. The kind where you strip off your bottoms and sit with a tiny 1-ply sheet over your lap, pretending like you aren't sitting naked in front of two people, and praying that those two people are also pretending you aren't naked.

Even in high school, I couldn't bring myself to change in front of other girls in the locker rooms, so you can imagine my discomfort at the doctor's office. What you can't imagine, is what it's like to hug a man (who isn't your husband), without your pants on! I don't care if I was covered, and I don't care if he was pretending I was fully clothed, but the truth is... I really appreciate pants, even if they are a few sizes bigger than I'd like them to be.

4 comments:

Emily said...

You make me laugh. A lot. In a good way!

The Peterson's said...

Funny! I agree pant are good!

Sarah said...

I'm gonna be honest. That was a really strange post and I probably will never hug my OB/GYN. He's more familiar with my lady parts than even my husband. And that's close enough for me.

KymandKalab said...

I hear ya Krystle. And thanks for saying this. I keep getting "you won't care after you have a baby." So I'm glad somebody else feels the same way I do, because I am pretty darn sure I am still going to feel the same way even after this baby is born!