Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ricks: The Musical

I have a habit of turning everything I do into song. Tonight, I was trying to get the kiddos in bed and started singing:

“It’s time for bed, so come on get in bed!
It’s time for bed, come on you sleepy head!”


While I was repeating my "part", Grayson unexpectedly started marching around with his toys singing (the same notes I was!):
“I can’t, I can’t do that.
I can’t, I can’t do that!
I can’t go to bed!”


It was like I was living in a REAL musical where people randomly break out into the same song! It was the perfect moment.


Now if I could just get him to sing different lyrics, like: “Yes Mommy, I listen to everything you say…”

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! He's definitely your son!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

That's so awesome! Kyle makes everything into a song, too. Living life as a musical is definitely the way to go! :)

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Love it!
We sing and dance around our house, too. It is better than yelling or crying, right?!

KymandKalab said...

That's awesome Krystle! What a talented little family!

Mom Ricks said...

Kids today are too smart for their own good. If he was singing the same notes as you, hooray! another singer in the family. Ican't.....that makes me laugh