Saturday, April 2, 2011

rough morning

     I dared take my two kids around to the local yard sales today. Surprisingly, they were great, until we hit this huge fund-raising rummage sale at a local business. My kids joyfully dug through the bins of dirty toys while I sat on a dirty couch and watched them. They played for several minutes before I announced it was time to go. And Grayson threw a fit. A big one. I had to literally drag him across the parking lot while Jaye whined in my arms. Forcing my child into his car seat, I gave the big mommy lecture on how is behavior was disappointing to me. He looked at me with those big brown eyes and asked if we were still going to play his new bowling game when we got home. As punishment, I said “no”.



We drove in silence for a few minutes.




Grayson finally spoke up. “Mommy…”


“Yes?”


“You broke my heart.”




Where did he learn that one?!?! I didn’t know whether to laugh or feel really guilty. I broke a three-year-old’s heart! What a tragic moment in parenthood.




...But we still didn’t play the bowling game.

3 comments:

Emily said...

ohhhhh. that is so sad...and cute at the same time....

Little Miss recently said to me "Mommy I am just so upset" lately it has been directed to me, but it is also when the sun follows us so I don't take it to heart to much...

Becktacular Duo! said...

Hahahaha. He's dramatic- he inherited his parents acting skills! :) What a great story. You have such a cute family.

KymandKalab said...

I love you Krystle- your posts are so great. You are such a fantastic mommy. Also, way to stick to your guns!