Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Husband... My Inspiration

My husband and I set a New Year’s Resolution to only eat sweets on Fridays. I have been doing so well on this goal, but yesterday I felt terribly sick and I needed to self-medicate myself with chocolate. I knew that Barry had placed our mini-snickers in a bowl in the kitchen so I headed there only to discover that the bowl was gone. I snooped around and discovered it hiding behind a shelf on the fridge. I contemplated pulling it out and getting my dosage, but then I thought about why these chocolate wonders were behind the shelf. My husband put them there so we wouldn’t be tempted. He is so dedicated to our goal that he hid our mini-joys. I was so proud of my husband at that moment and the example that he set for me. It was so inspiring that I turned and I walked right out of that kitchen. But then I saw our bag of peanut M&Ms on the couch and ate those instead.

1 comment:

Elise said...

LOL. You crack me up.